PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Blue Run Cart Master & River Rat Rentals LLC, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as "BRCRR"), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge BRCRR, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in kayak, paddleboard, reef board, bicycle, fishing, and manatee tour activities entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; accidental drowning; watercraft may capsize and cause entrapment; collision with objects or other watercraft; rapidly changing adverse weather and water conditions; watercraft is slippery when wet and accidents can occur getting in or out; exposure to the elements of the outdoors and natural surroundings which could cause cold water shock, hypothermia, hyperthermia (heat related illnesses), heat exhaustion, sunburn, or dehydration; exposure to potentially dangerous wild animals, insect bites, and hazardous plant life; aggressive and/or poisonous marine life; passengers can be jolted, jarred, bounced, thrown about and otherwise
shaken during rides; passengers can be thrown off the machine resulting in strains, sprains, broken bones and musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back injuries; cuts, abrasions, and bruises; the negligence of participants, or other persons who may be present; accidents involving other vehicles, vessels or watercrafts; flipping over the machine; transmissible pathogen or disease; accidents or illness can occur in remote places without medical facilities; my own physical condition, and the physical exertion associated with this activity. Furthermore, BRCRR personnel have difficult jobs to perform They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings
or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks. Additionally, I agree to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (life jacket) while participating in this activity.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless BRCRR from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of BRCRR's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of BRCRR.
4. Should BRCRR or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against BRCRR, I agree to do so solely in the state of Florida, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect. By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against BRCRR on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I also agree that this document is valid for subsequent visits and participation at BRCRR. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.